Prestashop is an ecommerce platform for small and middle businesses. This new design has been made for a competition pitch when I was lead designer at Clever Age. We didn’t win and the new website is now online.
The business goals were:
- attract new customers and improve the transformation rate;
- facilitate the e-shop setup;
- help sellers to develop and grow their business;
- provide tips and info to sellers with a better fit.
Key points of my onboarding strategy:
- A logout homepage dedicated to new users;
- An event tracker and a marketing automation system to deliver specific and valuable content (which fits perfectly with our content strategy);
- A few specific landing pages for each product versions (on cloud/downloadable);
- A look and feel that tell a story about successful shops.
1. Convince new users
Onboarding is about making customers feel confident that using the product will help them to achieve their goals easily:
- speaking of the outcome of using the product (not how the product operates itself);
- making the users say “That’s what I’m here to do!”;
- being benefits-oriented (“it’s free, easy, quick and mighty”) and cost-less (“They only ask for an email! Sweet and easy”);
- being consistent! p. e. call-to-action has to remind the brand identity.
2. Providing the right content to known customers
I focused on the user account as an essential access to custom data: sell’s analytic, community favorites topics and contributions, customer service inquiries, tips, e-books, slideshares, videos, events invitations…
I imagined a roadmap helping sellers to reach their own goals and develop their own skills set.
The Art Direction has been made by the french designer Stéphane Issartel as a Clever Age design team member.